Wednesday 20 March 2013

Kickstarter





I  recently launched a KICKSTARTER campaign to help raise funds to publish my autobiography: 'Art, Life and Everything'. My project went live on March 18th.


PLEASE SHARE THESE LINKS: LINK TO THIS PAGEhttp://kck.st/ZVIlaM
What is Kickstarter?

Kickstarter is a crowd funding site, where creative people present their projects directly to the public without having to work through other agents. Funding for projects is provided up-front on the understanding that Backers are involved in guiding the project through to its completion. Please visit my project page on Kickstarter to join my campaign and make a pledge!!  The campaign runs until April 17 2013.

I've been touched by the amount of interest and support I've had right from the start, from people who have never even heard of Kickstarter. Whilst Kickstarter was launched in the United States in 2009, it was only recently launched in the United Kingdom (in November 2012). Therefore, I feel a bit like a pioneer in the field. And yet the concept of crowd funding has already changed indie culture and ways of funding projects outside the mainstream. It's an interesting development in collective sourcing and ways of collaborating as a community.  I am so excited to see how my campaign develops and will definitely be updating you on its progress over the next few weeks. Stay tuned! 




No comments: